Question : Problem: When I try and send email from blackberry it gives the error: service blocked?

I have been trying to setup several blackberrys and am struggling.

They were previously on BIS and we have installed BES servre and are trying to setup the blackberries on the new system.

I have installed bes per instructions think Ive done everything right.

The blackberrys activate fine and all looks ok, they can receive email, but the trouble comes when sending:

If I send an email from scratch and type in the email it goes fine (and it says at the top sending as (or from) desktop.

However, If i pick an address from the address book (one that has an email attached to it) it says sending from: [the email address] and the message fails to send and says: service blocked.

I have since wiped the device and just imported back the address book, still same problem,

I have been told it may be that the account is not provisioned for enterprise but I have checked and checked and checked with vodafone and they say it is all setup there end.

I am now looking into BESadmin having the send as permission for all accounts - i think this is already the case, but not sure if this is actually neccesary?

Finally just wondering what the problem may be, what else I can do to troubleshoot it???

Thanks in advance

Dave

Answer : Problem: When I try and send email from blackberry it gives the error: service blocked?

Couple of other things if the carrier say everything looks good is to look to see if the Send Service, via Message Services under Advanced Options is set to your email account.  Also you said this BB was originally setup on BIS.  I would try (first backup device if you need items off of it) would be to wipe the handheld.  If you have a newer device, look under Options > Security Options > General Settings, then click on the "menu" button of the BB, if you have an older device would be under Options > Security Options, then push in trackwheel.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us