Question : Problem: NIC Teaming

I am sure that this has been asked before, but I cannot find a good solid answer.  I have an HP DL380g5 performance server that has two gigabit nics.  We have a very network intensive ERP application that is running on it & I am starting to see that there is some performance bottleneck because of the network.  We are running on an HP 5412zl switch with ALL clients at gigabit connections.  Right now I am only utilizing one of the two NICs on the server, so I am wondering if there is any way to increase network performance by plugging in the second NIC & teaming.  Won't my switch just turn off the second port because of Spanning Tree?  Has anyone done this to increase bandwidth? If that isn't an option, what are the next options for increasing network performance?

Thanks for your help!

Answer : Problem: NIC Teaming

HP Team Nic

http://www.howtonetworking.com/Networking/nicteam1.htm.  

Doing this may work without the LACP because it may be using proxy so I would give it a try first.  If you don't see better throughput we'll see what we can do with the LACP.  Just remember that normal throughput is about max 50%-60% of max.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us