Question : Problem: Notebook 19V 3.42A - Fitting Power Supply 19V 4.74A - Would it Work?

I have a notebook with a defect power supply that requires 19V and 3.42A DC. I also have a power supply from an old laptop from a different manufacturer that generates 19V and 4.74A DC. The connector fits, which is already luck.

I would be really happy, if I could use that power supply with the laptop, if the minor difference in ampere 1.32A too much to be exact would not be a problem and potentially damage the notebook.

I don't want to try and fry it.

Should the power adapter work? If uncertain, should I simply try? Is there any risk that the bit higher ampere might fry some circuits in the laptop?  

If it should work without any danger to the hardware, should I still get a matching power supply to prevent potential long term damage, if a higher ampere could cause that? You can drive a car in low gear too fast with too much revolutions per minute for a short period of time, but making it a habit will eventually cause damage to the engine. That's the equivalent to my problem that came to my mind.  .... or shouldn't I have to worry about this and just use it without getting a replacement?

Thanks

Answer : Problem: Notebook 19V 3.42A - Fitting Power Supply 19V 4.74A - Would it Work?

You don't need to check the notebook-- you just need to make sure both power supplies say the same thing.  They should.  Does one of them not?

Do you not have the old one anymore?
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us