Question : Problem: Install a Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 and Radeon x300 on a Abit mobo and I'm getting code 43

I don't know the exact model of the Abit mobo, but if it's relevant let me know and I can find out.  I have a PC that has had a PCIe Radeon video card in it for a while and I need to hook up a third monitor now so I stuck in a Nvidia Gefore FX 5200 that I have lying around and it's giving me a code 43 on the Nvidia when I boot it up.  I know the Nvidia works because there is a setting I found to change in the bios that makes it the primary video card for booting up, but then I get a code 43 on the Radeon card.  Any ideas?

Answer : Problem: Install a Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 and Radeon x300 on a Abit mobo and I'm getting code 43

Yep, bad news it's Vista. While Vista will support multiple video cards for multiple monitors the cards have to use the same drivers. So you'll need to get either an ATI card that uses the same driver as the X300 or an Nvidia card that uses the same driver as the FX 5200.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us