Question : Problem: Spooler SubSystem App

I'm posting this here because I believe it's tied to Citrix or the core problem resides there. Here are my symptoms.

My Citrix server will receive a "Spooler SubSystem App encountered a problem and needed to close" message. The error report sent to Windows does not garner any help at all. They have no information on it. The corresponding event is:

Source: Application Error
Category: (100)
Type: Error
Event ID: 1000
User: N/A

"Faulting application spoolsv.exe, version 5.2.3990.1830, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.1830, fault address 0x0003b172"

When this happens, my clients can no longer print from Citrix, no printers are available. However, you can print from the locally installed printers on the server.

Has anyone encountered anything similar? Does anyone have any idea where I could start in order to rectify this?

Thanks very much.

Answer : Problem: Spooler SubSystem App

While you are sorting through the printer drivers to determine which one is the problem, you may want to set your Print Spooler service to automatically restart the service (on the "Recovery" tab of the service properties. That can help your users get back to printing without requiring an administrator to restart the service or the server.

I've had good success with the Citrix UPD - very few server print problems, satisfied users, less driver file clutter on the Citrix server. You may want to consider uninstalling most of the print drivers on the Citrix server and rely on the UPD, and only install a driver if there is a specific need for it (and resist that as much as possible).
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us