Question : Problem: Acer scan 620U Prisa scanner USB

I have an Acer scan 620U Prisa USB scanner   cannot seem to get it connected ,,,,,,it was working don't know what happened . here is what it says when I try to re-install it. Twain error (T009) error opening Twain data source (T015)unable to findthe Twain source manager Twain DLL file from your source  disk to your windows folder (T039).     I am very new at the computer    I do not understand this will someone please explain this to me  ?  what am I suppose to do?       thank you  

Answer : Problem: Acer scan 620U Prisa scanner USB

I thought pulling  USB lead was a big nono - My system crashes usually unless I 'Software eject' the USB item first.

Remember to uninstall before re-install. Always use the suplied uninstall procedure in Start > Programs. If none suplied then use the Add Remove Hardware option in Windows.

To help you understand - or confuse you beyond the doors of deception -

TWAIN -   Derived from the saying "Ne'er the twain shall meet". Rudyard Kipling IIRC.

It's jokey name reflects the considerable difficulty that once existed when attempting to plug Scanners and Cameras into a PC.

Now about all this Driver/TWAIN/Software jiggery pokery....

Firstly remember anything that you load is software:

TWAIN is a Data Source Manager (this industry loves it's buzzwords), it sits between the Driver(1) and the Data Source(2). It allows any TWAIN compatible Application(3) to talk easily to Hardware supplied with TWAIN software (also called TWAIN driver... confusing innit?)

(1) Drivers - More software, but with a specific task, to drive a certAIn bit of hardware. As hardware comes in many guises, printers/cameras/monitors/disks.... and can be built in a myriad of different ways, the driver sits between the PC and the hardware and translates for the PC.
   Windows would be truly massive if it had to compensate for every bit that may attatch to it.

(2) Data Source - It may be a camera or scanner, TWAIN attempts to identify the source

(3) Application Software - Often just called 'Apps' or 'Programs' or simply 'Software'.
This is the stuff you use, Photoshop, MediaPlayer etc

TWAIN is not an acronym for "Technology Without An Interesting Name." This tends to belittle and annoy the TWAIN community, who do a grand job for no pay.

further reading will lead you toward such lovely TLA's (Three Letter Acronym's) as API,and my fingers are hurtin now - cya

HTH

PS If I got the wrong handle on this people, lemme know k?
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us