Question : Problem: Thin Micro ATX 400W case

(UnResolved)

I am looking for a case 8.5 lbs or lighter, that is no thicker then 82mm and that has a 400W power supply so that I can handle the best video card; which is predicted to use 250W.  The purpose is to make my desktop as labtop like as possible.   I have already found the 14" screen for it at 3.5lbs and a foldable keyboard.    

The LC-19 is a perfect candidate in every respect except for the power supply.
How can I solve the problem: Can I upgrade the power supply within this case, and if so, how do I procede?  If I cannot, is there another case that fits my requirements?  Or is there another option, that utilizes my requirements?

Answer : Problem: Thin Micro ATX 400W case

The LC-19 is not a good choice => it is primarily designed for mobile-on-desktop and mini-ITX motherboards; although a Micro-ATX board will fit.   But it is not high enough to use any add-in cards (i.e. ANY videocard ... let alone a high-end card) ... and indeed only has provision for a single add-in card via a riser and ribbon-cable extender.    Further, it uses a very small custom power supply unit, so you cannot replace it with a higher power unit.

You'll have the same issue r.e. using an add-in card with ANY case that meets your 82mm specification ... so you really need to choose the video card and motherboard you want to use before selecting a case; and then get the smallest case that will support that combination.

A small HTPC case designed for a micro-ATX board is probably the best bet ... but with a micro-ATX board and small case you need to check carefully to ensure a high-end video card will fit ... they are often VERY long cards and won't fit in all cases.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us