Question : Problem: Information on purchasing a cooling system for a small server room/closet ?

Server Room Description:
Server Room Size (feet) = 8 (W) * 17 (L)  * 8 (ceiling) = 1088 cubic feet
NOT a raised floor, no windows
The main heat generators are 5 servers (tower), 3 monitors (crt),  3 APC battery. Currently the building AC keeps the server room at around 80f. We are adding 4 more servers (tower) to the room.
We added a drainage pipe for water.

I've had various quotes to install an AC unit from $6000 to $12000. These quotes also vary from a 1.5 ton to 3 ton unit.

Should I go with a proffesional install unit or just buy a AC unit (APC's NetworkAIR 13000 btu $4000 or Amcor Plasma 16000 btu portable air conditioner $600). We are looking for an economical approach to solver the heat issue.

I found the following article http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-6350-5031678.html does any one have any more info?

Answer : Problem: Information on purchasing a cooling system for a small server room/closet ?

Probably the best choice ... and 2 ton's will certainly be plenty.   Never hurts to have more cooling than you need, however, ... as you'll almost certainly want to add more equipment at some point :-)
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us