Question : Problem: To recover entire drive - XP - Seagate - 80 gb

Mine is a Seagate 80GB hdd. I partioned it as c:10 - d:10 - e:30 - f:30
Windows XP was installed in C: and it was working fine since 2 yrs.
Suddenly a week before PC started to freeze at Windows XP startup Logo screen.
When connected this HDD to another System as a slave that system also freezes at logo screen.
I tried win 98 startup disk to fix disk errors. but it says unable to fix errors at drive c: I could nt format the C: and it says disk error . Other drives d and f are error free and also accessible through dos so I recovered those drives.E: is accessible through dos but when tried to copy the files it is copying but in a while it says failed.  I have important data on e: and i have to recover those. Please guide me to fix this HDD and also to recover my e:. Is there any seagate or any other utility to fix disk errors?

Answer : Problem: To recover entire drive - XP - Seagate - 80 gb

1. goolgle for something called "Hiren boot" from here http://www.9down.com/Hiren-s-Boot-CD-9-6-32386/
burn on cd and boot your computer with that. you should find utilities there that can help you find out if you can recover the data from your HDD.
2. get a live cd/dvd win a linux OS, i know linux sounds complicated, but a live cd isn't, and you should be able to browse your hdd.
3. on the hiren's boot cd, you should also find recovery programs, you should have 2 HDD for that, a good HDD to put your backup from your bad HDD.

Gook luck!
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us