Question : Problem: Total Disk Space/Available Disk Space Figures are Incorrect

Not sure if this is a problem or not, but anything out of line makes me anxious about problems down the road.  I'm a self-employed developer, and this is my production PC.

I recently installed a new 28 gig Seagate hard drive to augment my 6 gig Fujitsu.  The original Fujitsu is Master, and the Seagate is Slave.

I was alerted to something out of the ordinary when the Visual Basic FileSystemObject reported identical total size and available space figures for Drive C: (the Fujitsu Master).  Strangely, it reported the same identical figures for Drive D: (the new Seagate).  When asked to examine D:, FileSystemObject returned the correct drive name, volume name, etc. for the new Seagate.  Everything was correct except for the total size and available space figures, which were the ones which belong to C: (which, please note, are both the same, total size and available space).  It is reporting the total size in both columns.

Microsoft Disk Space 3 Utility reports both drives as being identical---both having exactly 2.0 GB total and 2.0 GB available.

Windows Explorer reports the correct figures for both drives, down to the byte...

One further clue:  When I installed the new hard drive, the Seagate DiskWizzard began by displaying an error message which said something to the effect that "your system's BIOS contains incorrect information regarding drive size, but this should not affect your computer's performance in any way."

Hmmm....this is when I miss being in the corporate environment with some of you hardware gurus around to solve these little mysteries...:)

Answer : Problem: Total Disk Space/Available Disk Space Figures are Incorrect

>>>>nfrio..I did some readings on Bios Limitations and found you were  right about the 2.1 gig (somehere between 1994 and 1996). I have just never seen a bios of this vintage....

I still have one, that's why I thought about it. :-)
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us