Question : Problem: Cannot copy files to my phone

Hi guys,

I have a Nokia 3250 cell phone. I tried to copy files from my PC to it via provided cable, but it says "Cannot copy <>: Parameter is incorrect". It worked fine before, but not now! I don't know what's wrong.

Here are some of my test cases, I hope that helps:

- I noticed that when the total size of the files to copy larger than 292KB (sometimes more than that) it generates the error. No matter what kind of files, no matter how many files.

- I tried to create empty bitmap image with 1x1 size and save into the phone, it was ok. I open that image in the phone to edit and increase the size gradually up to 1000x1000 = 1,920,054 bytes, it was Ok too. But when I copied files even smaller than 1,920,054 it failed.

- I made another trial by copying an 8MB to the phone, it fired another critial warning "Cannot copy <>: The drive cannot find the sector requested"

- I made a copy of a certain file inside the phone (by windows copy not by phone). It generated the same error message the drive cannot find the sector requested.

- I used chkdsk (Windows builtin utility) to check, no errors found.

Answer : Problem: Cannot copy files to my phone

Hi there.

First of all I would suggest to full remove all traces of software relating to the transfer of files etc... to your phone.
once you have done that try installing the nokia software suite and follow the oncscreen instructions to connect up.

Other things to conisder is, check Nokias website for possible firmware updates to fix any known bugs that may cause this issue.
and one other thing to check - Are you using the data cable or are you trying to connect up using bluetooth?

If you are using the cable - if possible try another cable, yours may be damaged.
If you are using bluetooth - ensure it has paired up correctly if not reset the bluetooth and try again.

hope this helps.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us