Question : Problem: Dual monitor display problems

I have a HP dc7700 CMT.  Running windows XP pro.  The PC has on board video, (Intel Q965/Q963 Express chipset.)  (2) pci slots - (1) PCIx1 and (1) PCIx16.  I need to set this up for dual monitor display.  1 monitor being used for normal windows use, and the other for connection to a camera used in a lab.  Both connect via vga connectors.  I tried a Radeon 9250 PCI card but it does not allow the use of the onboard chip.  Does anyone know if it's possible to make this card work with the onboard video?  If not, can I disable the onboard, use the PCI for the camera and a PCIEx16 for windows/networking duties?  I'm assuming it would be best to set the pciex16 as primary in this case?  The  pcie-x16 card I plan to order is,  AUSU Extreme AX1300/TD  RadeonX1300  128mb.
Does anyone see issues with these two cards working in harmony and accomplishing what I've stated?

Answer : Problem: Dual monitor display problems

You can't use an add-in card with the onboard video to get a dual monitor display.  

But you also don't need two cards ==> the Asus AX1300 supports two monitors -- one using the VGA output and one with the DVI (or you can use a DVI-VGA adapter to connect a 2nd VGA device).   That's the best way to do what you've suggested, since you'll be taking full advantage of the PCIe x16 bus.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us