Question : Problem: External Monitor/Dual Monitor GeForce 8600M GS Graphics Card Problem

Hello-
I have unsuccessfully tried to set an external monitor as my primary monitor to my laptop.  This configuration worked fine with my previous laptop.  The laptop hardware is:
MPC TransPort 2500
NVIDIA 8600M GS Graphics Card
External Monitor:
LG L222WT 22" Widescreen (1680 x 1050)

I am using the D-SUB (analog connection).  The 'make primary monitor' checkbox for the external monitor is dimmed and does not allow changes.

I have been told by our IT department that the combination of the graphics card and sub-par computer that external monitors cannot be primary.  

My question is there an internal setting that can be modified or new drivers that can be downloaded to alliviate this problem?  I did download one driver and it was not able to recognize the exact type of NVIDIA card.  In any event, this is quite frustrating.

Perhaps using an 80-column card from my Apple ][+ would work better.

Thanks,
Todd.

Answer : Problem: External Monitor/Dual Monitor GeForce 8600M GS Graphics Card Problem

You dont have much option here to set an external monitor as primary on this laptop, however, try ultramon: http://realtimesoft.com/ultramon/ see if it helps.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us