Question : Problem: How do I get  the correct printer driver for Hp PSC 500 for XP

I have tried to let XP, upon booting, detect my printer. Once detected, I have chosen to automatically download. When I try this, I get the warning that the software has not passed Windows Logo testing, and may not work. I downloaded it anyway, and it did not work. I also tried to download this from the HP site so that I could load it myself. However, when I found the page for drivers for the HP PSC 500, I was asked the operating system. When I clicked on the link for XP, I only received a web page for a download of HP Image Zone Express, but no drivers. Does anyone know where I can download an HP PSC driver for XP, or what the filename is? I had loaded it to another printer several months ago, but I do not know the name of the file to search for.

Answer : Problem: How do I get  the correct printer driver for Hp PSC 500 for XP

Hi hribarr
there appears to be no supported XP drivers - in your case Id try the windows 2000 drivers
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?dlc=en&lc=en&product=58710&lang=en&cc=us&os=181&softwareitem=oj482en

PeteL
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us