Question : Problem: Use blackberry's to know who is at the office

We have around 20 blackberries (8703e) in our company.  Our building is large and spread out which causes problems for our front office reception - they have no way of knowing if a particular person is in the building or not.  As we don't have a voicemail system that callers can be directed to, many of our staff get paged when they are not there and customers end up on hold for too long.

I'm not sure how to ask this . . . I know that our blackberries are bluetooth enabled, so I am wondering if there is a way that I could use them to connect to a wireless router when they arrive at the office & then the receptionist could see via some webpage who is connected, or in the office.  We don't want to track each blackberry, just be able to determine which blackberries (staff members) are in the office or not.

Max

Answer : Problem: Use blackberry's to know who is at the office

At our office we use Microsoft Live Communication Server and we have installed the messaging client onto all BlackBerry handhelds.  Apart from using it as an additional communication tool it informs us who is in or out of the office.  
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us