Question : Problem: Microphone stopped working on new machine?

My microphone has stopped working in Windows XP SP2 (at a unknown time as i have not tried to use it) on my new machine. The microphone works perfectly as i have tried it on another machine and it works fine.

Windows is not picking anything up when i speak, however when i broadcast via Ventrilo (voice software) it picks up static like noise.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the soundcard and have changed the port that the microphone uses (front pannel slot, and have ticked use front pannnel mic also) and neither has any affect. The microphone is not muted and is set as the default device.

This is really frustrating me now as i can't see any reason for it not to work! i'm convinced its software interfering as the SoundMax software has in the past stopped my speakers from working (when you plug it in it comes up with auto detect, if you choose wrong option it won't work)

I have windows xp on a P5N32-E SLi nForce 680i SLI chipset, with the latest 9.53 drivers. I have not tried to update the SoundMax drivers as i can't find a link for them anywhere and it WAS working fine with the current computer, so guessing unrelated to drivers?

Thanks

Pretty urgent on this one as i intend to use it alot!

Answer : Problem: Microphone stopped working on new machine?

2 bad sound cards ?   or is there a wrong setting some where?
mike is selected, not muted, and volume is up high enough?
and proper sound card selected in sounds and audio>audio tab?
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us