Question : Problem: HP Web Jetadmin 10.0 not sending any emails

I am unable to get the web jetadmin to send emails to me. I have setup the SMTP settings and can get the test email without a problem. I have setup alerts and can see the alerts being generated in the alerts history but they arent being emailed to me. In reports, I can run the reports when I choose display, they display but if I choose email, the report generation fails. Also if I display the report then click email, an error comes up" an exepected error occured" and web jetadmin quits.

Ther is an 2003 exchange server thats in the picture.

Any help is appriciated.

Answer : Problem: HP Web Jetadmin 10.0 not sending any emails

Line 24:Message: The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address.

This doesn't look pretty, because this is a programming flaw in the HP Web Jet Admin applocation. What is says that it doesn't accept your emailaddress' syntax. (I presume you tested on multiple emailaddresses). Have you tried shorther emailaddresses? If not? The application should warn you about this, not quit the application!! So it is expecting a different syntax on an emailaddress other than [email protected]. This is something HP should correct. I feel strengthend (sorry for my bad English) by the following:

1. Other people have this error;
2. As from I can see from the info you gave to me all is installed correctly;
3. If I type in the error it states in line 24 in Google? It comes up with all debugging tools and development solutions wich you as a user of this program do not have access to :-(

Again I would love to have a look on your server to see if everything is set correctly, but as far as I can see? This is a problem you and me nore EE-Experts can solve. Again..I believe it's a patch HP should deliver to make this program work as it should be.

Can you show me? I'll send you an email.

Thanks.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us