Question : Problem: Backup Utility

I need a very good backup utility for my company. I have about 4 servers, 20 laptops and 30 desktops that are backed up via BrightStor ARCserve but I have some huge problems with it. I need one that can backup remotely(for laptops), backup the network computers and the servers. Also the utility must accept tape and network drives. If you have any experiences with them please write some examples.
thanks a lot.

Answer : Problem: Backup Utility

As leew said, ArcServe should be more than capable to do this. Maybe you need to update it to a new version. Like all good backup software, arcserve isn't easy to use and you will have to learn it, or get someone responsible in the company to learn how to use it properly. Also as leew says, you need the agents.

Why do you need to backup the laptops and desktops? You have servers and the data is on there. In my opinion there is no reason to additionaly backup the PC's on the network, that just makes things more complicated. Teach the users to save their data on the servers, or use server based policies to enforce that. OS's normally have synchronization functions which allow the users to also have the data on laptops.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us