Question : Problem: Duplexing by Default on HP LaserJet

Hi,
I Trying to find out it it's possible, and if so How to setup our HP LaserJet 4300 and 4350's to Duplex by default.
All our Printers are networked and shared from a Windows 2003 Print Server.
All Have duplex Units, and I can duplex manually through the printer driver on individual Machines.
If I change the setting directly on the printer via it's screen and control panel this will set all trays to Duplex

What I'm wanting to know is can I set all the printers to Duplex from tray 4, but let the other tray print normally. and can I do this centrally rather than having to change the setting on individual computers?

Thanks and Regards,
Kswan_Expert

Answer : Problem: Duplexing by Default on HP LaserJet

No, you can't specify duplexing from tray 4 only. It's either from all trays, or none.

To set duplexing as the default, go to printer Properties on the server. First make sure the driver knows the duplexer is installed - look under a tab called something like Configuration or Options or Settings. Then, go to the Advanced tab and click on Printing Defaults. Enable Duplexing there. Click OK and then go to the General tab. Click on Printing Preferences and enable it there too.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us