Question : Problem: ArcServe 12 (E3702 Unable to connect to group (GROUP=PGRP0, EC=GROUP ALREADY OPEN)

I am hoping somebody can shed some light. Up until 3 days ago my backups were working fine with no issues then two days ago I started getting these two errors

W3831 Unable to find any media that can be used in this job.

E3834 Unable to find any suitable media that can be used in this job.

I verified that the Exabyte Magnum 448 loader is working and connected with no errors. I ran an inventory with no faults. I read up on some forums which indicated these were common faults when the Tape engine was stuck or had a failure and to rectify the tape engine just needed to be restarded which is what I did. I restarted all the ArcServe Services and let it be. This morning I received this error:

E3702 Unable to connect to group (GROUP=PGRP0, EC=GROUP ALREADY OPEN)

Any insight or help would be great. I am new to ArcServe as I am a Veritas veteran and the gui on this is much different.

Thank you.

Answer : Problem: ArcServe 12 (E3702 Unable to connect to group (GROUP=PGRP0, EC=GROUP ALREADY OPEN)

the errors:
W3831 Unable to find any media that can be used in this job.
E3834 Unable to find any suitable media that can be used in this job.

indicate that out of all the tapes physically present in the library, none of them meet the criteria specified for the job.

are you using a rotation backup job with media pools?
check if the present tapes are part of media pool's Save Set or Scratch set?
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us