Question : Problem: System does not recognize the USB keyboard & mouse during boot.

When ever i switch on the system my system does not recognize my logitech USB keyboard and mouse during boot (bios operation) it gives me an error "Keyboard error" press to continue and it starts loading the win o/s. At this time if i unplug the receiver of usb keyboard and mouse and plug it back, my keyboard and mouse starts working, if i dont uuplug and plug it stops loading windows at some point and  dialog box appears stating mouse not detected then i have to switch off the system and continue with the same may i know what is the problem and wheather it is with software or hardware or bios etc..

cpu: intel p4 533
motherboard : intel 845
o/s: win 98se
i/o : logitech usb key board and mouse (pls note there is only one common cable  from the receiver to connect to the usb port)

Answer : Problem: System does not recognize the USB keyboard & mouse during boot.

This probably because the system board is older and does not support USB keyboard/mouse at POST.  Check the manufacturer (Intel in this case) for a BIOS update.

Or possibly there is a BIOS setting that is not enabled?  Check that too.

-T.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us