Question : Problem: Apple macbook hardware change??

Anyone knows when is apple changing their hardware and what new features can we expecte from the new generation of mabooks?? Will there be a macbook-touch?? (i've heard some rumours).

I want to buy a macbook (or the next apple laptop), but I've noticed that the current hardware -the macbook- has been around for a while and I wouldn't like to purchase an obsolete computer and see the new version just launched right after i've bought the old model.

Anyone can help? Should I wait or should I go purchase now?

Answer : Problem: Apple macbook hardware change??

That question is worth more than 500 points !!

If anyone knew when new models were being released they'd be working for Apple or very lucky!!

It is likely that the MacBook will be around for a long time to come .. what WILL HAPPEN will be upgrades to processor, RAM, HD specifications etc.
There was for example a small change in current MacBook Pro models recently, new processors but no changes to the MacBook.

The touch screen MacBook is a possibility but largely a rumour at present.  I wouldn't hold my breath waiting.  A tablet MacBook (modification of  a genuine Apple MacBook) was offered by another company over a year ago and they are still not being produced in large numbers and cost $$$$.

So here's my conclusion ...
There WILL be upgraded MacBooks announced in the coming months (probably after Christmas at this stage).  They'll be a bit faster, maybe have a little larger HDs or offer more RAM for less $$$ but no major new models until 2008.
The MacBooks and MacBook Pros are so successful for Apple, they don't have a major reason to change yet.

Try and buy the highest spec Mac you can afford, get 2Gb RAM if you can and then get on with life.  There will always be newer models and speed bumps but if you get a good value machine now it will still work for many years for you.  At least OSX 10.5  is out now so that saves you $129 over a MacBook bought 6 weeks ago.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us