Question : Problem: Setup VPN connection between Linksys routers and/or Netgrear routs to central office with Netscreen 5GT

I have a netscreen 5GT at a central office. I have smaller office (1 and 2 users each) which need to VPN to the main office. Would like to set up VPN through firewalls and not Windows 2003. I need simple step by step instructions on setting up a VPN with other affordable routes, such as Linksys and Netgear

Answer : Problem: Setup VPN connection between Linksys routers and/or Netgrear routs to central office with Netscreen 5GT

I recommend for cost, ease of setup, configuration and reliability the business-class Linksys RV082 units as the hardware VPN endpoint. These units can handle up to 100 VPN tunnels (via free Firmware upgrade) and have special features like DNS pass-through, NetBIOS tunneling, DHCP relay, DDNS auto configuration. These units can also be setup for dual WAN needs, thus able to do load balancing and fail-over support.

The Linksys RV082 also has full IPSec Virtual Private Network (VPN) capability using DES and 3DES encryption algorithms, thus will work with the Juniper NetScreen-5 Series appliances.

I have set these up for all of my clients and I even use it for my personal Microsoft Small Business Server environment at home.

Linksys RV082:
http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Product_C2&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1115416833289&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper&lid=3328956202B02
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us