Question : Problem: How can I get my Microsoft Bluetooth Intelimouse and Elite Keyboard to work after they stopped working when I installed XP SP3?

I have been unable to get my MS bluetooth keyboard and mouse to work with SP3.  I can get them to show up in th the Bluetooth Device window (after Add) but they only show "connected" for a couple of seconds.  

If I close and re-open the Bluetooth Devices the Mouse no longer appears in Devices window (and yes, I have installed fresh batteries).

If Add the mouse again it shows up and then I have gone to Properties and clicked on Services.  I see Drivers for keyboard, mice etc (HID) but it is not checked.  When I check it and click Apply I get message:

Bluetooth Service Error

Access is denied.

I have removed/reinstalled bluetooth device drivers and have installed IntelliPoint 6.2/Keyboard 6.1.  

Also, I'm logged on as Administrator.

Answer : Problem: How can I get my Microsoft Bluetooth Intelimouse and Elite Keyboard to work after they stopped working when I installed XP SP3?

I have received about 50 emails thanking me for this fix posted on MSDN - so I thought I would post it here - and since I knew the answer figured minimum points would be acceptable to the membership.

I found that the Bluetooth Support Service must have the Log On tab as Local System account (you must stop/start the service after making change).  After I did this I was able to add the bluetooth keyboard (which I'm using to type this) and Windows "found" the device and installed it.

So, just for those who have had a hard time finding the answer I have also added the following tags:

"Bluetooth Service Error"

"Access Denied"
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us