Question : Problem: Dell Openmanage 5.5 installation obstacles

Hi - I am looking for a way to install Dell openmanage 5.5 in my windows xp with sql 2008.  When I do the initial system check, it says I need sql 2005 express to install.  It gives me the link that I can click on and then it says that an instance of the same instance name is already installed on my box.  Well my question is, can I just rename the sql 2008 instance? if so, how? If anybody else has come up with a work around, I will appreciate pointing me int he right dirrection.

Thanks.

Answer : Problem: Dell Openmanage 5.5 installation obstacles

Hi

Here's some info from the Dell Community on the topic:

Re: Installing OpenManagement IT Assistant on desktop where default SQL server instance is 2008. Possible?  
07 Jan 2009 12:08AM
Thanks for posting!  Is your existing version of SQL a default instance or a named instance?  If it is a default instance, you should install IT Assistant on a different system, since it has to use a default instance of SQL and putting the two together will result in corrupt data.  If you are using a non-default instance of SQL, then the prerequisite checker will provide an error and a link to install SQL 2005 Express.  Install that SQL, and ITA will install just fine.

Hope that helps.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us