Question : Problem: Starting Windows 98 PC after a Disk to Disk Clone with Norton Ghost 2002

Hello all,

I am using Norton Ghost 2002 on a windows 98 desktop pc.  I have another windows 98 pc that has slightly different hardware.  I am using the peer to peer network copy function over our LAN and am able to create both bootable cds on both computers.  I have included the dos ndis2 drivers and have established a connection between the pc's.  I assign the source as the master and the destination as the slave.  I do a disk to disk copy and all the information from the drive gets copied to the destination pc and completes successfully with no errors.  Here is the tricky part.  When i reboot the source computer it boots up fine, no problem.  When i try and boot the destination pc i get an error reading:

"ERROR LOADING OS"  Now i have struggled with this for a few days now and i have been experimenting with the different switch options you can use with ghost for the clone.  The closest i have come is:

The clone process does create two partitions, the first one is very small and is the boot partition.  The second partition is the larger one with all the info and the file system is not recognized by windows.  Maxtor Ontrack is used on the source pc and does come up on the destination pc before the error loading os pops up.

I have tried using many different disk partition and boot manager tools with no luck.  I am able to use super f-disk to make the file system recognizable by dos but still no luck booting.  This problem is of high importance and i must have a solution for cloning computers asap.  So any help would greatly be appreciated.  Let me know if i missed any details.

Thanks guys
Eli

Answer : Problem: Starting Windows 98 PC after a Disk to Disk Clone with Norton Ghost 2002

Excellent.  Thanks for posting your process also, that always helps for the future posts.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us