Question : Problem: convert casette tape to mp3 or wav

i have some pretty old cassette tapes .. i am hoping to preserve the music by converting to one of the 'contemporary' formats like mp3.

what hardware /software do i need?

Answer : Problem: convert casette tape to mp3 or wav

1. connect the walkman or  the tape palyer to the line in of your sound card using a bidirectional stereo cable

2. use the windows recorder and convert it to .wav file format and then use 'audiograbber' et. to convert it to mp3

3. more comprehensive soln would be getting a software named 'goldwave' which is meant exactly for this is also can help you in fiddling out with the tape input , sampling rate and all the frequency selection options .
Random Solutions  
  •  Problem: DSL VPN Tunneling without static IP's
  •  Problem: Hdmi to Dvi connection, losing signal
  •  Problem: What will be upgrade path for my server to install new hardrives.
  •  Problem: Any TV Tuner (Internal) that enable to watch 2 Analog Channel (from home antenna) simultaneously ?
  •  Problem: How Can I Scan A Document, Then Type On It, Then Print It With My Typed Changes?
  •  Problem: Widescreen resolution problems
  •  Problem: How to get Remote Assistance working with Routers / Firewalls in place?
  •  Problem: "locked Desktop" on iMac OS Leopard
  •  Problem: iPhone not syncing with Exchange 2003 SBS
  •  Problem: Hi on this tablet pc Q menu and function keys are working but for some reason I cannot increase or decrease brightness, I have been to hp site and google cannot resolve this issue. please adivse me
  •  
    programming4us programming4us