Question : Problem: D-Link DSL-G604T and VPN.

As a touch of luck I became the owner of 2 x D-Link DSL-G604T 4 port ADSL wireless routers, once of them I gave to a friend. We both have similar confgurations, LAN and ADSL connectivity.

We could like to join both networks together via our ADSL connection. Clearly a VPN would be the option (happy to hear others options) anything that would like a couple of subnets together via the internet. After consulting the limmited docs provided, and checking out their web site we could confirm that the router is able to do so, but could find no guildance as to how to configure it.

We are both running 192.168.0.X private ip and both have fixed public IP address. After trolling the net I am now more confused than ever. Has anyone out done the above with the same hardware who may be able to give some guildance.

I haven't had much to do with the router side of life to I am keen to have a play.

Since we have a public holiday here in OZ in 2 days, I would love to get this one resolved then.

Thank you.

Answer : Problem: D-Link DSL-G604T and VPN.

D-Link DSL-G604T is VPN pass-through router, so you should be able to setup VPN using your computers. however, you should not have the same ip range in the both sites. quoted from http://www.chicagotech.net.

Can't access the remote network at home only

Symptoms:  you setup VPN on a laptop connecting to the office VPN Server.  At home, you can connect and authenticate just fine but can't ping any address on the remote network. If using the same laptop in a different location, the VPN works.

Cause: The problem is the home LAN (VPN client) using the same IP and Subnet as the remote LAN you were trying to dial into.  

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us