Question : Problem: Remote Desktop becomes unresponsive after specific user uses the mouse wheel

I have a user that is connecting to a Windows XP Pro machine with with all the latest Windows Updates as of 2/10/2008. The problem is that when he connects to the machine and uses the mouse wheel to scroll the system becomes unresponsive. As I understand it from his explanation, the mouse no longer appears to move and he doesn't have access to keyboard commands either. He is forced to close the Remote session from his location machine. He has tried this one 2 of his PC's which include a laptop and a desktop runnig Win XP Pro with current Windows Updates. The Desktop uses a PS/2 mouse with wheel while the Laptop uses a USB mouse with wheel.

I have tried to recreate the problem from my workstation with no success. When I connect to this remote machine I am able to scroll useing the mouse with no problem. Also to confuse the problem he is able to remote into another PC right next to it with the very same setup and the mouse wheel works fine.

This makes me think the problem involves the remote PC instead of either of the user's PCs. IThanks in advance for the help.

Answer : Problem: Remote Desktop becomes unresponsive after specific user uses the mouse wheel

Unfortunately the problem had to be solved be re-installing the operating system on the remote machine, so something on that machine had to be corrupted. After the installation of XP the problem no longer occured.

Thanks for all your assistance.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us