Question : Problem: Problem printing .psd files from Mac to printer using Windows 2003 print spooler

Macintoshes can not print .psd files using Adobe Photoshop CS3 to our Dell 3115 Printer via the Windows 2003 Print Server. Word and other types of documents print fine from the Mac to the 2003 print spooler. Trying to print .psd files to the Dell 3115 from the print server results in huge file sizes in the queue. Created an IP Printer on the mac that connects directly to the Printers IP address and that works. It seems like my print spooler does not know how to handle the .psd files even though I do have the Postscript 3115 driver installed. What am I missing on my 2003 Server? The one strange thing I notice is that my print server shows the port the printer is connected to as NtwkPort00 instead of the actual tcp/ip port number I am used to seeing.

Answer : Problem: Problem printing .psd files from Mac to printer using Windows 2003 print spooler

G'day,

The postscript drivers that go with the printer allow the printer to print postscript files, but it doesn't do any rastering, which is what Photoshop is sending.

Check this link out
http://www.zuberphotographics.com/page_RIPPrinting.htm

The other option I can suggest is create a PDF file of the Photoshop print job you're trying to print and re print that through Adobe PDF Reader.

Should work.
Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Arthur
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us