Question : Problem: IPOD Touch Hardware Install

I have a new 8gb Ipod Touch and when I plug it into the USB port windows XP sp3 recognizes the new hardware dna even recognizes it as a IPOD, but when you try and go thorugh the new hardware wizard it fails.  I have had this problem with every IPOD our family has, however in the past I was able to choose the manualy find of the software and point to a USBStor or something like that file to kick start the install.  Then as the install could not find certain files, I would search them on my PC and then point the installer to the proper folder location.  In the past I have been able to get all of our IPODS installed using this method.  However for the Touch it is not working.  The closest I get is that it thinks the IPOD touch is a digital camera, but even attempting to install it as such does not work.  I have been searching all night on google for a solution and have yet to find one.  I can't imagine that this is a unique issue.  Any help would be greatly appreciatd.

Answer : Problem: IPOD Touch Hardware Install

Yes, several times.  I finally got around the problem by right clicking on the IPOD entry in the device manager, choosing update driver and then forcing it to go to the Apple Mobile Devices fodler that is in the Program files area.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us