Question : Problem: Norton Utilities Errors

I've had my system for about 3 months, Norton has been present for about 2 and half months. Recently it has begun to error quite frequently.

Error 1: SYSDOC32.EXE (Norton System Doctor Executable) fails to run and states:- "SYSDOC32 Illegal Operation ........ program will be shut down". Error is intermittent, but when it occurs, windows will not shut down properly, forcing a power off and a Scandisk on reboot.

Error2: When SYSDOC.EXE does work, it uses 100% of the processor to make its checks. This is OK, it always does this, and after it has finished the Processor Sensor shows 0% used. Recently however, the processor never returns to zero usage after Norton completes its checks, there is always 2-5% in use.

I could uninstall, then re-install the program. However last time I de-installed Norton on a PC at work, it wrecked the whole operating system, such that the machine had to be rebuilt from scratch. I t seems that Norton entangles itself so much into the OS that de-installing it seems fatal. Other PC gurus I've spoken to seem to agree.

I have also been told - quite alarmingly - that all Norton products do not currently work on OSR2's FAT 32! This could cause serious bizarre problems to your computer and hard disk and might cause what is called "OS decay" which is basically the mishandling of memory allocation and virtual memory to such an extent that you have to reformat your drive or in some extreme cases by a new one! It screws with stuff that bad!

Can Norton be de-installed painlessly and effectively? Does it in fact screw the OS to such an extent that it damages it beyond repair?

Answer : Problem: Norton Utilities Errors

Norton Ults. and AV is completely compatable with MMX, OSR2, and FAT32.  Its says it on the box for godsake.  The only way to fix it is to go to Symantecs site and get the instructions for COMPLETE REMOVALE.  I tried everything and this is what worked.  

Don't run AV and SysDOc on start up or during your session.  Combined they slow your system by 25-35%.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us