Question : Problem: Problem with mic recodrding

Dear All
I am having a small problem
I want to record what i am saying in the Mic, while at the same time hear it from the speakers
Is there any program that can do this as apparently my sound card doesnt support overlapping of both
My sound card is Realtek ALC882

Thanks in advance

Answer : Problem: Problem with mic recodrding

You're getting an accoustic feedback loop. What happens is that you are recording accoustic sound via a microphone, and when it's played back through the speakers, the audio goes back into the microphone again -- and when the total of that is played back it goes back into the microphone again -- and when that's all played back it goes into the microphone again (I think you might be getting this). It whips around and around slightly delayed because of the cycle (that's why it also sounds like an echo) until it goes so fast that it squeals and hums (depending on the frequency). That's why most soundcards 'mute' the output during the recording stage.
Actually you're trying to solve a problem that is not solvable in this manner -- like trying to make rivers run uphill.

What country are you in? Because unless you live in some backwater cultural wasteland with cane toads hopping around, like Queensland, Australia (Hi Merete) I'm sure you can pick up one of these or the equivalent. The mixer in the link I posted was only $45USD.
This mixer has balanced three pin XLR microphone inputs. You'll need a microphone with similar connection/lead. You can get cheap ones for around $10. Microphones are (mostly) mono  so on the output you just need a lead that goes from either the left or right output channel (6.5mm mono phone to stereo minijack) to your speakers. If your speakers already have minijack connected you just use a connector (these are available at all stores like Radio Shack etc.)
If you look at the 'alternative view' here under photos: http://www.behringer.com/502/index.cfm?lang=ENG
-- you will also see the red and white RCA output. This goes to your soundcard for your recording. Or you can use the other channel with a similar lead -- this way you have the use of the volume control on the input. You must keep the speakers well away from the microphone.
It may seem similar but by using this method but you are not pushing the monitored recording into your speakers and re-recording it; you are taking a signal from the mixer and recording it -- and you are amplifying a seperate signal from the mixer through your speakers, which you have seperate control over.
Don't forget: the speakers are connected to the mixer -- not the output of the soundcard.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us