Question : Problem: heatsink/fan what is replacement?

I've got a HP Pavillion A350N the heat sink/fan doesn't fit flush on top of the CPU.  The cause is that one of the arms that clamps it down is broke.  Can anyone tell me the exact replacement part for this?  Do I have to replace the entire unit?

Its an intel P4 (i beleive 2.8 ghz) with HT.
HP's website lists it as socket: mPGA478

Answer : Problem: heatsink/fan what is replacement?

Most of the time the paste is separate, as you're not sure what you need, the best advice I can give you is go to your local computershop as they will know exactly what you need.
Any PGA478 will do for your system as they are all made for exactly your processor and your socket.
You can find cheap ones wich will do fine, but probably make a lot of noise and maybe let your CPU run a little hot (not close to overheating, but they're sure not good enough if you plan on overclocking your system)
You can find expensive ones which will be very quiet, or cool very good so your CPU will be very happy all the time.
Somewhere in between is probably the kind of cooler you might want to install.

Personally I have the CNPS6500B-Cu (http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=39&code=009) and it suits me well, it's a bit big though, so you'll have to see if it'll fit in your computer, I have heard that with some systems it's so big that one of the memmory slot's can't be used anymore.

There just isn't such a thing as: "This cooler is what you need" it all depends on what you want.

LucF
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us