Question : Problem: How can I set the front side bus speed on a Gigabyte GA-8IHXP motherboard

I installed a 2.26GHz CPU and 256M of PC1066 Rambus memory on a GA-8IHXP motherboard.  With this memory, the front side bus is supposed to run at 533MHz.  The manual does not tell me how to set this up.  How can I set the motherboard to run at 533MHz FSB?

Answer : Problem: How can I set the front side bus speed on a Gigabyte GA-8IHXP motherboard

RPDC...

As Sorgie stated, the GA-8IHXP motherboard FSB is set in the BIOS.  Default setting, "By Hardware," sets the FSB to 100MHz.  According to the specs, however, the settings only range from 100-156MHz.  If you're looking to run the 2.26 GHz cpu at max speed, you would then need to have the CPU ratio set at 15x (the default setting for the P4 chip).

Upon boot, wait for the "Press to enter Boot Menu" message on your screen.  Once you press , you'll be taken to the setup menu.  Tab over to "Advanced Chipset Features" and change the "Front Side Bus Clock (MHz)" and "CPU Frequency Ratio" settings as noted.  Press to save and exit.

Another tip for you re: your system performance is that your mb is probably bundled with the new "EasyTune 4" utility, which is a software overclocking utility from Gigabyte.  For information on this, you should consult your users manual or check it out online at http://ftp.gigabyte.com.tw/support/user_pdf/e_8ihxp_2101.pdf

Hope this helps!

/ew
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us