Question : Problem: Mouse & keyboard don't work from docking station but work fine if directly from laptop

When I first set up my docking station with my laptop, mouse, and keyboard, everything worked fine.  Something happened (I truly do not know what) and now neither my mouse nor my keyboard work, i.e. they are not illuminated now, when everything else attached to the docking station, monitor, laptop, ARE working.  In other words, I get no red light coming out of the mouse, and the caps/number lock buttons aren't illuminated on my keyboard.  If I unplug the USBs to each of those and then insert them directly into the laptop, both work fine.  Help.

Answer : Problem: Mouse & keyboard don't work from docking station but work fine if directly from laptop

Try unplugging the power from the dock for 30 seconds and then plug it back in.  Then plug the KB and mouse into different USB ports and see if it works.  You know the peripherals are fine since they work plugged in directly.  When your laptop is docked, check the hardware manager to see if they are disabled while docked.

Do any other USB devices work in the dock?  Have you tried a thumb drive?  If not then the dock is most likely at fault.  If your warranty is still valid I'd call it in.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us