Question : Problem: scsi RAID

We have 4 scsi drives on an Adaptec RAID AAA-133U2. Three made up the RAID and the fourth was a hot spare. The second drive in the chain, scsi #1 went bad so the hot spare which was the fourth drive in the chain, scsi #3, took its place. I need to remove scsi #1 to return it to Fujitsu since it is under warranty.

Question #1
If I remove the second drive in the chain, scsi #1, can I leave the settings as they currently are for scsi #2 & #3
or do I have to change #2 to #1 and #3 to #2?

Question #2
the 3 functioning drives are 7200 rpm. Will it be a problem if the replacement we get is 10,000 rpm if that is all they have available. The current size is 18.2gb.
If the replacement is 18.4 will that be a problem if that is all that is available.

Answer : Problem: scsi RAID

No need to change the IDs but if the drive being removed is the terminiating drive, you need to set the new end disk to terminiate.  If your cable has a seperate terminator block on the end of it, you don't even need to worry about this.

Actually, active terminators blocks give a performance gain to the SCSI chain, as opposed to just using the drive termination.  So you might want to get one just for the heck of it.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us