Question : Problem: Installing XP Pro on Intel D915GEV With SATA Drives

Attempting to install XP Pro on an Intel D915GEV mobo with 200GB SATA drives no IDE.    

got to the point in the installation where it lists the partitions, XP does see the two SATA drives installed, when i hit enter part of the message I receive is "this disk does not contain a Windows XP-compatible partition".  I go back and delete the partition, recreate it, same problem.

If the answer is hit F6 for RAID/SCSI drives, where exactly do I find them, looked on the express installed disk that came with the MOBO, couldn't find them.  Also, after pressing F6, it wants a floppy not a CD.  

The inf drivers are not the answer, we usually install those after windows installs...

Answer : Problem: Installing XP Pro on Intel D915GEV With SATA Drives

>>    If the answer is hit F6 for RAID/SCSI drives, where exactly do I find them   << when you boot from the XP cd, on the bottom line you will see the message "if wou want to install scsi or sata drivers, hit F6, right at the beginning.
And you should put the sata drivers on a floppy and insert it in the station. They should come with the motherboard, on the CD or separately on a floppy.
I must add to this that many mobo's do not require the drivers anymore
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us