Question : Problem: HP 5700 Deskjet works in Terminal services but not when using citrix

I have a win2K3 server that my USB deskjet printer works fine on when connecting through RDP.  I installed the drivers on the server first.  Showed up in my RDP session just fine.

When I log into Citrix on that same server from the same workstation, the printer does not show up.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike

Answer : Problem: HP 5700 Deskjet works in Terminal services but not when using citrix

In your citrix session try connecting manually in the citrix client printer configuration.  If it says disconnected right click and try to connect.  

If the printer isn't even listed here then you have permission or setup problem.  The ICA protocol may not be setup to map the printer even though the RDP protocal may.  

Make sure the exact same driver is installed on both the Citrix server and the Client.  If this isn't possible then you have to setup a printer mapping in the management console

There is also always old fashion work around of sharing the printer on your local computer and mapping back with the net use command

I do not like work arounds as this never solves the problem.  

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us