Question : Problem: Problem with two-way VPN using two linksys VPN-enabled routers

Experts,

I am trying to establish a VPN tunnel between two linksys routers.  I would like this to be a two-way connection (one big happy network with all computers talking together).

I've done what I consider to be the correct setup, but only one set of users can see the other set (not the other way around).  Am I trying something that can't be done, or am I doing something silly?  Both?

Here is the setup:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Network "A"
A linksys BEFSX41UG router behind a cable modem (I don't know the type).  The router's internal address is 192.168.2.1.  All computers in this network have an address of 192.168.2.x (x>1) with a subnet of 255.255.255.0.  

A's VPN setup is as follows:
Local Secure Group: subnet, ip=192.168.2.0, mask=255.255.255.0
Remote Secure Group: subnet, 192.168.1.0, mast=255.255.255.0
Remote Security Gateway: IP Address,
DES Encryption
MD5 Auth
IKE Enabled with a common shared key (this key is the same on both routers)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Network "B"
A linksys BEFVP41 router behind a dsl modem (COVAD something).  The router's internal address is 192.168.1.1.  All computers in this network have an address of 192.168.1.x (x>1) with a subnet of 255.255.255.0.  Earthlink is the ISP.

B's VPN setup is as follows:
Local Secure Group: subnet, ip=192.168.1.0, mask=255.255.255.0
Remote Secure Group: subnet, 192.168.2.0, mast=255.255.255.0
Remote Security Gateway: IP Address,
DES Encryption
MD5 Auth
IKE Enabled with a common shared key (this key is the same on both routers)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can successfully establish a connection by connecting from B->A.  After doing this, I can ping a computer on A from B, but not vice versa.

I can NOT establish a connection from A's router to B.  The log states "This tunnel should not be initiator".

Does anyone have any ideas?  

Thanks in advance for your help,
LJ

Answer : Problem: Problem with two-way VPN using two linksys VPN-enabled routers

Closed, 500 points refunded.
Lunchy
Friendly Neighbourhood Community Support Admin
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us