Question : Problem: Open Wireless Access via Separate Interface on SonicWALL NSA 3500

I currently administer a large arena that we are trying to setup wireless Internet Access in. We have a wireless system implemented throughout the location. We are using Foundry IronPoint Access Points. I know it would be easier with SonicPoints, but that's not the way we're setup.

We use 4 VLANs for access Guest(5), Artist(2) Vendor(3), Guest(5) and Staff(10).

I am using three interfaces on my SonicWall 3500 NSA. I run the main internal LAN on X0, the WAN via X1 and my public Wireless Access (hopefully) through X2. My problem is that I cannot route my traffic from X2 through to the Internet. My clients on the X2 interface need to receive a DHCP address from my
DHCP server located on the X0 interface. I have IP Helper enabled, but it doesn't seem to be relaying DHCP. The traffic on X2 is coming in as tagged VLAN 2,3,and 5. I have DHCP scopes setup on my DHCP server to provide addresses for these 3 scopes.

I don't have any issues setting up VLAN routing on my X0 interface, only on the X2. The wireless system functions perfectly on our internal LAN via VLAN 10 on Interface X0. If anyone could help me figure out what I need to do to enable my 3 outside VLANs access to the Internet via received DHCP addresses that would be a great help.

Thank you,

Mark

Answer : Problem: Open Wireless Access via Separate Interface on SonicWALL NSA 3500

Sorry it's taken so long to get back on this question. I solved the problem myself. The problem was a routing issue between the Wireless VLANs and the Sonicwall.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us