Question : Problem: Help Installing video card and bios settings

Hello
I recently purchased a new graphics card for my computer. ATI Radeon 9200 Family.  I installed all the drivers for the card and installed it fine. Then, I restarted my computer. I tried to run a video game on my computer and when it came up it, my computer restarted. So, I restarted and tried agian, same thing. Someone told me to go into bios and change the agp aperature size to the size of my graphics card. I tried doing that but I dont know how to get into the bios. Is cmos and bios the same thing? thanks. please reply ASAP.

Answer : Problem: Help Installing video card and bios settings

What's your mainboard make & model? I can look up how you disable it (or you can do that yourself on google...).

Aperture size is irrelevant to your problem, this function allocates system memory ("RAM") to the video card.

Old drivers DO need to be uninstalled, whether ATI seems to remove it or not - there always are some 'leftovers'. Best way to do this, is:
1. control panel - software - look for name of vidcard, "XXX display drivers" - uninstall them
2. control panel - system - hardware - device manager (or press winkey+Pause) - double click your display adapter - driver tab - update driver - set 'standard VGA driver'.
3. reboot & install new drivers from ATI website.

You need up to date chipset drivers prior to doing this. Go to the website of your mainboard manufacturer, choose 'downlaods' or 'support', and search for drivers for your mainboard. Search for chipset drivers, inf install, VIA 4in1 (or Huperion) ... (can have different names).
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us