Question : Problem: SCANJET 3400 not installing properly on win xp

Initial installation of scanjet 3400 was done incorrectly on XP machine....not buy me someone else. They connected the scanner before loading the software.

I went into device Manager and deleted the scanner. Checked in Control panel to ensure scanner was gone. Unloaded Hp software.

I even deleted all USB ports and reinstalled them (once scanner was disconnected of course) to ensure that there was no sign of scanner in memory /registry.I also reinstalled all other USB devices connected.
Rebooted system.
I then loaded the HP software and after installation complete and system rebooted again , I connected the scanner. USB ports picked up the scanner fine and said NEw hardware is ready to use....HAH

Device manager indicated correct installtion...i.e. scanner shows there as it should , no yellow marks or any other indication of trouble , and even shows in the control panel and Scanners and cameras.

When I open the HP software to start scanning I get an error message that Scanner can not be detected and I should plug it in or turn it on....yes I did check to ensure it was all connected.

Any suggestions.

Answer : Problem: SCANJET 3400 not installing properly on win xp

Only thing I can think to suggest would be to use your System Restore, and go back to a point before the install was attempted, and start over from there.  Before going back, un-install all the scanner software that was installed.  Hope this helps.

Best Regards
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us