Question : Problem: I need a good backup strategy for a small office

Hello

I need some advice on a good strategy to backup and restore files on three Windows XP workstations and a Windows 2008 file server with mirrored drives and a USB 350GB drive for duplicating files on the server.

We have general file backups no problem. I need to know how to get a operating system like XP and Windows sever 2008 restored in the event of a hardware failure. What is the best way to create the backup so we can get the system of either the server or workstation up and running again.

I have plenty of new spare hard drives and duplicate motherboards so hardware is not a problem. I just need to know the best procedure to get the software fully implemented and running again. We have access to Nortons Save and Restore, Nero 8 Backitup and Nortons Ghost.

Thanking you in advance.

Answer : Problem: I need a good backup strategy for a small office

It depends on how hardcore you want to go. If you have hardwear you could just create a mirror (ghost or similar) of that machine as new with all softwear installed. Then in the event of failure you can restore the system to the original state then using your file back ups just copy the last backup of their files onto their machine. There are many good solutions but in small offices somtimes the simpler the better.

Just curious what type of file back up do you do and how frequent?

Thanks
Ben
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us