Question : Problem: Data Back up with no Hot site - Where does this leave me?

Here is my situation:

I work for a Small Business as their IT Coordinator - Basically this means I do it all, Jack of all trades, Master of None.  Someone can't figure out why they can't print, They see me.  Email not working?  They see me.  Back ups.. Me, SQL Databases.. ME

All I can say about me and this job is I try, I don't have all the answers all the time but I do have Experts Exchange and to the day, you guys have been like a Mentor and I appreciate everything you've done for me over the past 7 months.

So, Here's the Delima.  Recently Tornado's hit around the area, luckily we were not effected but many businesses in the area were.  So this got me to thinking.

We back up every night and on Friday's we do a Full Back up with Mon - Thur as Differentials.  Each Saturday I come in and pick up the Friday Tape and take it home with me.

Let's just say for arguments sake, this is a Tier One situation:
Tier 1: Businesses that use Tier 1 continuity solutions back up their data and send these backups to an off-site storage facility.  
(Me coming in and Picking it up and bringing it home would basically be the same as above)

Let's just say for arguments sake, something would have happened to our business this week and it was destroyed like others in the area.

Where does this leave me?  I have a Tape... No equipment... Would THAT Tape be able to restore me back to normal?  

Answer : Problem: Data Back up with no Hot site - Where does this leave me?

You should buy a new equipment with insurance money, get the same tape drive, install windows 2k3, install Backup Exec and then restore all you need from there.
If you want to do a One Step restore, you should install and configure Intelligent Disaster Recovery (IDR) option, but I can tell you that is something that will take you a lot of time.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us