Question : Problem: Adaptec SCSI Adapter

hello , I own an Adaptec AHA 1522A ISA SCSI controller . I have a problem with it which seems to be complicated. My system is :Intel Pentium MMX 200 Mhz , 64 MB SDRAM , IDE CD-Rom 20x philips , 4,3 GB fujitsu HDD , Diamond Viper v330 , Creative Sounblaster AWE 64 Value , Philips Briliance 105 A , Zoom Internal modem v34i running on windows 98 final version . My SCSI chain is : An internal CD-Rom ( Toshiba XM-4101TA ) the scsi adapter and a Yamaha CD-R 100 ( external ) . The problem is as follows :
 The IDE cd works perfectly , the problem is with the SCSI ones. When i insert a new cd-rom the auto insert notification function works and the auto play is shown . However when i open my computer the system tries to read from any SCSI cd and the system hangs .This is done when any of the scsi drives have a cd in them if they don't it's ok .Notice that the cd drives are readable from dos prompt or other apps . The recorder can record and a program can run from those cds but the internet explorer can read them .The terminations are ok for sure .The problem lies within the adapter because both SCSI cds have the same problem .how can i make internet explorer ( my computer ) read from the cds . notice that the correct drivers are installed. I would really apreciate an answer since i am unable to fix this myself.

Thanks,
          Mixelogj

Answer : Problem: Adaptec SCSI Adapter

Try this:

Edit the file c:\msdos.sys (first remove attribs of Read only, System, hidden. Do this by typing in dos attrib -r -h -s
c:\msdos.sys).

Add the line DoubleBuffer=1
under the line BootMulti=?

Save the changes and set the file back to System,hidden,read-only using the DOS command line Attrib +r +h +s c:\msdos.sys.

Note: you can set the same attributes using the properties page in Windows 9x.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us