Question : Problem: can I have three active screens as a desktop extension

I have a Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook E series with a centrino duo and 2 gigabyte ram
It is attached to a port replicator at home
I have a second screen (Samsung SyncMaster 931BW) that I use as an extended desktop
My job implies working with a lot of little windows and I am loosing a lot of time digging the right window up.
This desktop extension was a real relieve, and I am thinking of extending the desktop with a second samsung screen,
for having even more windows available

1. can I have three screens (laptop plus two external screens) all with different content as one large desktop

The port replicator has a VGA port and a digital screen port, the samsung supports both.
Would attaching one samsung to the vga port, and the other to the digital port allow a different signal on both ports?

2. If yes to question 1. Can I attach both screens to the two replicator ports or do I need some sort of splitter

Thanks for your help

Geert

Answer : Problem: can I have three active screens as a desktop extension

I've been tempted to go with the TripleHead2Go from Matrox, but havent been able to justify the added cost of 2 more really nice LCD's just to play WoW for the huge panoramic view. Someday :) The device is about $260-$290. (assuming you already have the monitors).

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/gxm/products/th2go/
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us