Question : Problem: Setup BES to forward email from two Exchange servers

We have one BES 4.1.6 and one Exchange 2003 server. We are migrating to Exchange 2007; we cannot do a straight cutover. The new Exchange server will have a different name in AD. How can I have the BES forward email, contacts, and calendar information from both Excahnge servers until the migration is complete? Specifically what steps do I need to do to accomplish this. Surely it's not as simple as using a semicolon to separate the two Exchange names in the MAPI profile on the BES.

Answer : Problem: Setup BES to forward email from two Exchange servers

I think what you and I are saying is the same. Once the BESadmin permissions are added to the new Exchange server the BES should forward email from both; but as you also pointed out a mailbox, and thus a MAPI profile, can only exist for one mailstore. We fully understand this and thanks for the reminder.

Here we say, "eat you own first." So tomorrow, after setting up the BESadmin permissions on the new Exchange server, I will be moving my mailbox to the new server. Hopefully all will go as planned. I will post what happens.

Thanks for your time.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us