Question : Problem: WPA2 option not available in Group Policy Object Editor

I have deployed a 802.1x wireless solution for our laptops.  This is all up and running with WPA.

I'd like to implement WPA2.  I can configure the XP Clients manually to use WPA2 and this connects and works.  

However, in Group Polocy Object Editor on our 2003 Server, I edit our wireless group policy object, go into
Computer Settings > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Wireless Network (IEE 802.11) Policies
and edit our Wireless Policy from there.

When I do this within the wireless properties the options for 'Wireless Network Key' only provides the following Network Authentication Types.

-Open, -Shared- WPA or -WPA-PSK,   there is no option shown to WPA2.  My initial thought is that we need an updated ADM template but I have been unable to find one.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Answer : Problem: WPA2 option not available in Group Policy Object Editor

You should be able to customize your ADM files as needed, though some changes are really 'Preferences' rather than 'Policy'. i.e. you set the default at logon with a GPO, but the user is still able to change it during the session if there's nowhere in policy to lock down that setting.

See http://www.petri.co.il/adding_new_administrative_templates_to_gpo.htm
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us