Question : Problem: Keyboard is not found.

Hello,

I recently purchased a Microsoft wireless (Bluetooth 2.0) optical keyboard and mouse package(Microsoft keyboard elite for bluetooth, Microsoft Intellimouse explorer for bluetooth and a Bluetooth 2.0 usb transceiver, the included software is Intellitype Pro ver 5.2 and Intellipoint ver. 5.2, this is the latest version). I followed the installion/setup instructions and was rewarded with the message(s) that the installation was finished for for both devices (no error messages of any kind). Initially for about a week everything seemed to be working perfectly, then from out of the blue the following problem emerged.

When I start my computer( a Pentium 4 3.06 Ghz with 512 meg of ram running WinXP2) I get the following message " Keyboard is not found" the computer finishes its startup and everything works fine, i.e. no keyboard problems.

I have spent considerable time researching this problem and trying to correct it on my own without any success. I have contacted Microsoft customer service, searched their KB, searched Usenet, searched the web using Google, uninstalled and reinstalled the packaged software several times with the same results, the message is still there.

I have reconnected the OEM keyboard that came with the computer manufactured by Gateway and the message no longer appears on startup. I reconnect the Microsoft keyboard and the message reappears.

I have no problems with the mouse, just the keyboard error message.

Please reply/help if you can. Thank you.

Bob Crook
email: [email protected]

Answer : Problem: Keyboard is not found.

I think you should check your bios for settings relating to the keyboard.  I suspect that the BIOS is looking for a wired keyboard, producing an error, but after that, Windows is finding the wireless one so all is ok.  There are probably some settings in there relating to keyboard status on power up, etc.
hth
Danny
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us